To read more about Top Ten Tuesday or see a list of future topics click here!
To see a link list of bloggers participating in this weeks Top Ten Tuesday, click here.
Also, I apologize for the wonky formatting 😛 I’m still trying to figure out how to operate WP AND my template/themes. I’ve already contacted my coder to let him now about the weird automatic “by Rachel” additions to the title. hehe, I really don’t need that. I’m the only person posting to this site…This is my first post here! It feels weird to finally have a platform. Do you have any favorite tips or tricks for WordPress? If so, leave a comment! (I’m going to need it.)
10 Wishes I’d Ask The Book Genie To Grant Me
I didn’t think I’d be able to come up with ten bookish wishes, but I did without even having to think about it too much.
1. I’d want to have my own local bookstore. One that specializes in YA. Or perhaps, have it in morrow bay, in that abandoned building about half a mile from the beach. It has a cute, oval chrome window in the front that’d be cute for a café/bookstore.
2. That I could sit down and write a novel, and be published. That would be really exciting! Except I’d want to be able to keep my reviewing identity. I don’t want any cross contamination. So my novel would have to be a secret. Yeah! I’d have a secret identity like a super hero.
3. That the world would be in imminent danger and only my favorite characters, my best friends and I could save it! (I’d definitely want a garunteed HEA though. It’d suck if I died before the end.)
4. I wish that all my favorite characters where my friends, and that sci-fi/fantasy things were reality.
5. I’d want to be besties with my favorite authors. I’d want to have sleepovers and go on girls only vacations…I’d want to write with them, laugh with them… That’d be fun.
6. A perfect man that’s a combination of all my favorite book boys. Talk about a fantasy, I’m pretty sure a boy like that’d be illegal. (I’ll be making a post later this year about my top ten book boyfriends…)
7. Tickets/rooms/food for ALLLL the book conventions. I love book cons. Cool people, cool books, new places…. If only it wasn’t so dang expensive to travel these days…
8. Room for ALLLLL the books. I love my little apartment, it’s cozy, sunny and perfect. Except, as is the curse of bookworms everywhere, eventually I’ll run out of space. I wish there was a way to keep all my books, where I can access them easily….like maybe taking over the apartment upstairs and turning it into a library…hehehe.
9. An assistant. I neeeeeed an assistant. I have five billion things to get done all the time. Getting an assistant would never happen, but if I had one, they would help with the menial blog related tasks. Sifting through news, blog posts, interviews, touring opportunities….new releases… you know, do the grunt work, so I could do fun things like writing the posts and reading, and chatting up other bloggers and authors.
10. My TOP wish, is that I could make time stand still, so that I could read every book ever published. Or perhaps a non dystopian version of a system that could download information to my brain. Except, I think that’d take away from the experience. Well, that’s it for my first Top Ten Tuesday! YAY!!