Book Birthdays is a meme I post every Sunday, that features a few books that will be published during the following week.
This post will feature nine books, published between the dates of November 15th and November 21st.
- The August Five – A privileged boy falls in love with a low class girl, and vows to fight for the rights of the impoverished.
A pirate-ish romance….fighting for honor? Heck yes!
- Dangerous Lies – Something about being a witness to a violent crime.
It sounds ok, but Becca Fitzpatrick was the author of one of the first YA books I read. Ironically, I still haven’t finished that series (Hush,Hush.) But for whatever silly reason, I’m looking forward to reading this, and basking in nostalgia.
- In the Footsteps of Crazy Horse – A coming of age story, where a investigates boy delves into his Lakota heritage, and establishes his own identity
YESSSS. I love cultural depth. Also, November is Native American Heritage/History month, so I’ll definitely be settling down with this one. There was a HUGE buzz about it, so I’m hoping it turns out excellent.
- Serendipity’s Footsteps – This sounds like a Sisterhood of the traveling pants story…except with shoes, and over multiple generations.
I’m not sure I’m going to love this one. But it sounds interesting and different, so here it goes.
- Six Gun Snow White– It’s the old west, snow white is actually black and is unaccepted by society. I’m assuming that there will be a great romance somewhere along the way too.
It would have taken me forever to come up with the idea of a wild west snow white story, but this one sounds absolutely GOLDEN. I can’t wait to dig into it.
- The Young Widows Club – Girl marries the love of her life, only to become a widow weeks later. This is her story of grief and acceptance and moving onward.
I’m totally going to ball my eyes out. But I’m probably also going to love it. I guess this book has a potential to go really really wrong, but it could also go really really right.
- Calvin – A High School senior succumbs to schizophrenia, convinced that his similarity to Bill Watterson’s comic Calvin is not a coincidence. This is a story about his determination, on the idea that his schizophrenia will be cured, if he only makes Bill Watterson make one last comic strip.
I’m actually half way through this one. (mums the word on my thoughts for now!) but I’m going to be giving away a copy, and an ENTIRE collector’s edition set of Calvin and Hobbes, for the anniversary of the strip. Thank you Andrews McMeel ! Come back here on Wednesday to enter!
- Everything But the Truth– Boy assumes girl is rich, girl falls in love with boy, and then doesn’t know how to tell him the truth.
Heh. We’ll see. Cliché, but maybe it’ll be enjoyable anyway.
- Fire Falling – This is the second installment of Air Awakens.
I haven’t even read Air Awakens yet, but I just adore the covers for this series. They just look really, really good.